Wargames 2011 - Crypto 200

This challenge I refer to this post actually.

So this is how I solve this challenge, but I do not know whether answer I got was correct or not.

First we got an image, then just upload it to google and search for the same picture with keyword "cipher". So I got one image that's have the same character, and cipher name is masonic cipher.

Then search for masonic cipher, google displayed pigpen cipher, which is other name for masonic cipher, so just search for pigpen cipher.

And we get decoder for pigpen cipher here. The method of encoding is Image: Pigpen ##XX.


Then after translate all the characters, we got a new ciphered string. So based on p0pc0rn write up in this post, it was a substitute cipher. So I just tried to substitute by using first letter frequency method but the translation was quite weird so I just stop translated. Then I googling for suitable decrypter and got this site . Just paste the ciphered text we got just now and click "Solve" button.

And we got string text here.


So from the picture we just corrected the some word which we can guess. And then read the whole text, the interesting part is :

which group was ryan cleary accused or to be associated with? md5 the answer and submit the sum. that is yourflg.

So I just google about ryan cleary and got LulzSec. And it said that "md5 the answer and submit the sum." Hint in description said the flag must be in uppercase, so I dont know whether "LulzSec" need to be uppercase or the md5. So that's your flag.

Share this

Related Posts

Previous
Next Post »